Re: [DML] What to do about hole in frame...

Re: [DML] What to do about hole in frame...

It's an interesting comment to say that the frame can't be welded.
Wasn't it welded when it was made? It's not pixie dust holding it
together.

I've welded my frame with an arc welder. Someone with better equipment
and more talent could do a very respectable job. Of course, the frame
epoxy will never look the same after the fix, but it could only be worse
will the rust.

Jim
1537

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 02:46:36 -0000 "supermattthehero"
<supermatty@xxxx> writes:
> On my car I have a rust hole in the frame about the size of a half
> dollar. It is located on the rear part of the frame, on the
> underside, at the wide section beneath the passenger-side rear
> suspension mount area. Any recommendations how to take care of
> this?
> One gentleman I spoke with said this part of the frame is not load
> bearing, so I should just scrape off the rust and coat it with
> POR-15.
> He also said that its very difficult to weld the DeLorean frame
> because the metal is so thin. I would like to know what the list
> thinks as a second opinion.
>
> thanks,
>
> Matt

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!