           From: "John Hervey" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount@xxxxxxxx>
           From: Samuel <samuel_yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman@xxxxxxxx>
           From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman@xxxxxxxx>
           From: Holler <thehauntfactory@xxxxxxx>
           From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Video Bob" <videobob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Jim Ray" <King_Tutt2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: kKoncelik@xxxxxxx
           From: "Michael Paine" <mpaine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: kKoncelik@xxxxxxx
           From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Jim Ray" <King_Tutt2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft@xxxxxxx>
           From: "ricthiem" <rthiem@xxxxxxx>
           From: "Bruce Benson" <delornut@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: PRC1216@xxxxxxx
           From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
           From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD@xxxxxxx>
           From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD@xxxxxxx>
           From: "Stephen Card" <stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     24. What to do about hole in frame...
           From: "supermattthehero" <supermatty@xxxxxxx>
     25. RE: Re: idle yet again
           From: "John Hervey" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:13:23 -0800
   From: "John Hervey" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: idle yet again

Kevin, The best thing to do is get back to the correct settings.
#1. Make sure the vacuum solenoid switch is plugged in good and working.
#2. Make sure all the vacuum hoses going to it and from it are connected
good.
#3. Make sure the tube coming off the idle speed motor going to the bottom
of the air flow meter is sealed as good as possible. If it leaks you can't
adjust the idle correct. Also look for any other hoses that my be broken,
cracked or torn.
#4. The top screw on the throttle body lever ( must ) en-gauge and turn on
the idle speed motor about 30 thousands or so before the bottom screw hits
the striker plate.
When this happens it turns on the idle motor and turns on the vacuum
solenoid shutting off the vacuum going to the ignition distributor. If the
switch isn't working or not turning on, then you will have vacuum going to
the distributor all the time and resulting in higher idle. It's advancing
the timing.
#4. Once you get this done and the cable is not binding holding the throttle
lever open more than you want, then adjust the bottom ( counter clock ) till
the desirable idle is achieved. You will also have to adjust the top as
well. If you back off the bottom screw and you still have a high idle, then
make sure the top screw isn't holding the throttle open. That's why you have
to work back and fourth. If the above fails and your still having the high
idle, then the idle speed thermistor, ECU or Idle speed motor may be bad or
need to be replaced.
John Hervey