Re: [DML] Re: NEC show this weekend past

Re: [DML] Re: NEC show this weekend past

I won't repeat what Paul Salsbury has already written - he's spot on in
everything - but want to add a few comments. The NEC show is our biggest
advert for the DOC each year. The cars that go on the stand are chosen
simply by whose turn it is. I had my first car on the stand last year.
This year it was time for someone else. All cars had dents and dings all
over them did they? You obviously didn't pay much attention to the grey
interior car as it had _one_ small dent, and apart from that is simply
in need of re-brushing, which the owner has already booked in with us,
as well as getting that dent removed.

The car with all the parts under the bonnet is my friend and business
partner's. He bought it for less than $6000. It's now one of the fastest
DeLoreans in the country (nobody really knows why, it just goes like
stink, we've assisted by changing a few parts over, and it's now EVEN
faster). We had our stainless expert, Chris Nicholson on hand on
Saturday going over all the cars pricing up the work that would be
required to fix them.

All in all, it's not just an advert for the car, but the work the club
does, and in that, having cars that aren't 100%, but will be one day
thanks to the dillegence of their owners, is all part of owning a
classic car.

Project cars are far more desirable here in Enland due to the cost of
parts and limited choice of cars

Martin
DMUK
www.delorean.co.uk