Re: Rotten Engine Top Casting

I though of another possability, oil once got into the coolant system
and there are still pockets of it trapped inside. Before you tear the
heads off you might try flushing the system with a cleaner to
break-down and remove any pockets of oil. If after that you still find
oil in the coolant then the heads will have to come off. On the
subject of the holes in the top of the motor, they aren't from cracks,
when the distribution pipe leaks, or any of the hoses on top, the
coolant sits in those recesses and ROTS the top of the motor. When
working in that area a Shop Vac cleans it right out.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757