Re: New DeLorean owner; first technical question

Re: New DeLorean owner; first technical question

Here's a list of things to check
Clean the fuel injectors and replace the seals
Fix EVERY vacuum leak
Make sure the Lambda system is working
Check the temerature sensitive valves in the vacuum advance system and
the hose routing
Check the cold start system
Check the Control Pressure Regulator
You should find the problem after checking these systems
Cleaning the fuel tank is a good idea along with inspecting the parts
inside. Change the fuel filter soon after (like after running a tank
of gas through). It won't fix the problem but it is a good idea
anyway. Even though you are saying the rate is $60/hr they might get
you on the hours (you aren't standing over them watching, right?) For
a problem you are troubleshooting for there is no set time. To clean
the fuel tank should take 2-3 hours if you are inexperienced on
Deloreans. Twenty minutes is what it really should take. BTW the tank
doesn't have to be removed to be cleaned. Even with manuals, without
the injector tester they can't clean and test them.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> After a couple months absence, I just bought my DeLorean
yesterday. She is vin # 3299, and she is in quite the immaculate
condition. She already has had new fans, belts, hoses, electrical
updates, factory recalls, new control pressure regulator, door struts,
and air filter put on her (thank you DMC93n99 for doing all of that
for me).

> I have alot more things to do to her which I'm going to trust to the
garage I have serviced with for 13 years now. They will be adding the
rest of the main service kit that I purchased. The new parts they
will put on her will be the oil filter, fuel filter, lambda sensor,
sparkplugs, and other items from service kit 111143GC (PJ Grady's).
My main question:

> When she fires up, and she fires RIGHT up, if we put any pressure on
her accelerator she will die immediately. Repeat this process about