Re: Delorean Frame Refurbishing

Peter and list,

I'm sure you have already heard responses from the list about the post
regarding "un-answered" questions. The answers are already out there.

Not sure which "tool" you used to check the archives about frame work,
replacement, rebuild, refurbishing or restoration are all search options.
There are plenty of answers, with reasons, that have been posted to the
list over the years and many answers do not get posted the same day
or even within two weeks of the original post. I agree with Ken K. on the
off-list email responses, of which I have made several on this topic.

I remember sending Todd (VIN 5386) at least six off-list emails on the
pro's and con's of many frame refurbishing and re-finishing methods,
including the use of epoxy, paint, POR15, powder-coating, galvanizing and
several other techniques. I cannot find the emails I sent and then archived,
so maybe Todd can forward my emails (if he still has them). I remember
answering Todd's questions quickly because his questions were detailed
and I responded to each method in question. As with most of the questions
posted, the more detailed the question, the easier it is for a detailed answer.

And for all those who have questions about Delorean Frame Refurbishing,
you may find the answers you are looking for in the next issue of GullWing
Magazine. I'm sure there will be many Delorean owners with rusty frames
that will be saying "Finally, that's something I need and can afford to do."
This is an idea that has been in the works for a long time and now all the
pieces have come together to make it a reality.

I'm pretty sure there are no "emergency" frame questions that cannot wait
another week or two until the next issue of GullWing Magazine is in your
hands. As with all the Delorean vendors, please patronise all the Delorean
magazines, since we will all benefit from our purchases and subscriptions.

Later,
Rich W.