pie and hose questions

List,

There is a pipe, part #102482 that goes from the bottom back side of the water pump and under the intake toward the front of the car. It is about 1 1/2 feet long. Does anybody see anything wrong with replacing that with silicon hose all the way from the water pump to the other side of the engine?
Also, I saw a "D" from Tenn. that had a hose from the water pump that went in front of the A/C pulley and then around the left side of the compressor and down to the pipe. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and does anyone know where I can get one?
Is there a after market replacement for the vacuum solenoid? # 101116

Thanks in advance,

Steve 1089