Re: New GTO Article

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jake" <jkampho@xxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
> Anybody planning on putting a new GTO next to the DeLorean in the
> arage?? --Looks pretty good at $33,000....

In comparison to the RX-8 in output of the motor, the higher-end
Mustangs in price, and the Mercury Marauder in looks, the New GTO
looks to be a better buy all around, and would be my first choice
when it comes to all other sports cars on the market. And I'm not a
GM person.

And even though JZD, and GM parted ways a long time ago, the New GTO
still has allot of DeLorean in it, and I don't mean in just the
muscle car way. In the past, I saw an interview with JZD (I think it
was on deloreantime.com), in which he was asked what GM's strategy
should be. And he responded that rather than simply badge engineering
only domestic cars (ie: F & J body cars), they should look to import
cars from their overseas marques, and introduce them to the US
as "new" cars. So I guess that Bob Lutz practicly followed that
advice to a "T" when he went down under to Holden. ;-)

Will I buy one? Not new, no. If I did, it would probably just sit in
a carport somewhere, because I'd still be driving my D everywhere. It
really is that fun to drive. I actually just plan to buy a GTO used
in a few years, and restore it. New is nice, but restored is fun!

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"