Re: Failed emissions!!!

My car is still failing emissions! However it is definately better
than before. CO is in control, and HC failed by 0.2!! I dialed in the
CO as best as I can get it with my dwell meter, its hovering right at
30, oscillating between 28~32. With my CO dialed in my car idles
rougher, and is even worse during warm-up, which is why I enrichened
it in the first place.

Here some things I have found: the dwell meter reading drops
considerably when the cooling fans activate. The engine oscillation
doesnt change, I am sure it just has something to do with voltage
drops or something.

Also when the cooling fans activate there is a whining sound from the
engine somewhere, almost sounds like a vacuum leak, but only when the
fans are on!

And finally a question about emissions: Is NOx inversely proportional
to the HC and CO. It seems that as I decrease CO and HC, the NOx is
higher, and vice versa.

Thanks everyone! adam

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Adam 16683" <acprice1@xxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Andy and Harold. I think you are right that I may not have
> adjusted the mixture how I thought I did. I am going to do what
Andy