Re: [DML] Miles Per Gallon and Trip Computer

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 09:23:40PM -0500, doctorDHD@xxxx wrote:
> That question was asked my me, Dave and 6530. I have ben working on a
> driving computer for my Delorean. It started out to be a project built around an
> HP Jornada 680 handheld computer with a 1/2 vga screen and the Dataq DI-194RS
> data acquisition kit. I actually got the two interfaced and was able to
> display the cars battery voltage on the screen. The problem, it seems was that the
> 680 was too slow. I have since shelved the idea untill I can afford to buy a
> 7" vga LCD monitor which I will connect to a mini-ITX computer. Since it
> will be programmed in Visual Basic as oppossed to VB for WindowsCE, the operating
> system for the 680, I think it will be much easier.

Check out http://www.dashpc.com/ for ideas, parts sources, etc. As
others have noted, staying as far away from VB is the way to go.
However, staying away from anything with the microsoft logo is *also*
the way to go (IMO; no religous flamewars, thanks =) ). dashpc.com has
pretty much all the info you're going to need to install a PC into a
car, including power and so forth.

--noah