Re: [DML] Suspension Options for the DeLorean

Re: [DML] Suspension Options for the DeLorean

My car, Winged1, happens to have the very first prototype Carrera
shocks on it. I had worked with a performance shop in Kent,
Washington on suspension upgrades (Horton Performance ... since gone
out of business). We had approached most of the well known
manufacturers about making a shock for the DeLorean, but most of them
didn't want to spend any money on a limited market. Carrera was
willing to front the costs, and also carry the part numbers for other
owners. The shocks are three-way adjustable for both jounce and
rebound, are chrome plated, and the rear shocks have a threaded
adjustable spring perch for infinite height adjustment. The rears
also have a spherical bearing attachment at the bottom rather than a
rubber bushing. I put these on my car in 1991, together with
custom-made springs, and have been very happy with them until very
recently. I have put about 60,000 rather hard miles on them since
installation. They started to leak a little, and I recently took them
off so that I could send them back to Carrera for warranty work (they
are guaranteed for life). I will tell you that these shocks are
somewhat expensive, but several PNDC members have installed them on
their cars. I will update the List on the results of sending them in
for overhaul.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1