Re: Garages, Storage, and Spiders

#5335 was stored outside for 3-5 years before I bought it. I suspsect
it was not kept under a cover even though one was on it when I drove
up to inspect it. I think the crazy lady who sold it to me did that
to hide imperfections or trick me into thinking it was well cared for.

She had a nicely restored '66 Mustang and a broken down, messed up
DeLorean in her driveway. Which one do you think she had the cover on?

Anyway, the first 10 months of work on my D was a constant nightmare
of black widows, brown recluses, webs and egg sacks. I spent a LOT of
time underneath installing the gas tank, replacing the engine main
seal (pulling the tranny) and the like. Gave me the friggin'
collywobbles.

They built nests and crawled back in as quickly as I could evict
them. It was so bad, I was sure I wouldn't be able to drive my car
out of the parking spot when I -did- get it running because it would
be anchored to the ground by all the webs!

For me, the only thing that keeps the little SOB's out is to DRIVE
the car, and occasionally blast the undercarriage with a high
pressure hose.

Rich

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxx>
wrote:
> <SNIP>
>
> > I read some time ago about a guy that bought a "barn fresh" project. He took it home and in a short time his house was so infested (I guess it was an attached garage) with spiders that he had to call an exterminater. Spider
bites can hurt.