Re: DeLorean Shipping

Dave,
I am fairly certain that Ben was not asking anyone's opinion
about where to purchase a car, just about shipping. Do you know what
he paid for it, if he got a good deal even with $845 in shipping? He
never said whether or not he's seen the car-that was never an issue,
yet you commented on it anyway. He never stated how much he paid for
it either.
How are you certain that the car is a northern car? I ask these
questions because I know of the car in question. In fact, up until
2000 I believe it was in FL. Now it is sitting at Rob Grady's shop
ready for the work Ben needs done before bringing it out to AZ. Rob
has been very good to our club with his support and I understand why
Ben chose Rob to do the work his car needs. Rob had a lot of practice
setting my car up for hot weather and we've done some good telephone
R&D since. I think if you are going to buy a DeLorean, P.J. Grady's
is as good a place as any to start, hence why Ben needs to ship it
from NY to AZ. I also trust Rob implicitly because of my experience
with him and his people. I have never known him to mislead a customer
in any way. My car and the 2002 DeLoreancarshow.com trophy it earned
are a testament to this.
I bought both of my DeLoreans off of ebay and flew out to see
both of them before the purchase. I agree, you should never buy a car
sight unseen unless it's a parts car at a fair value, and even then
you run the risk of being ripped off, but it is really all about trust
and what you are willing to part with or lose outright. I shipped
both of my newly purchased DeLoreans to Rob Grady upon purchase and I
don't regret this move for one minute. I shipped my show car from the
east coast to AZ after I moved. There was no way I was going to leave
it out there and possibly sell it, only to buy one in AZ because it
was closer. Your proposed logic doesn't make any sense to me.
Wow, I must really be in a bad mood. In an earlier post I took
the "Devil's Advocate" position on digital gauges, and now I'm doing
the same with you on shipping. I'm usually not this argumentative,
especially with a fellow enthusiast.

YMMV,
Matthew
VIN 16816