Re: DeLorean Shipping

I just inquired to move a car from NJ to MI. I called 8 companies. It
turns out the going rate is around $1 per mile with a minimum of
around $400 just to load and unload. The longer the trip the more they
can discount. I have seen cars moved on popular routes like NY to CA
or FL at the cheapest rates because they try to fill a big truck. It
could be cheaper to have the car taken to CA and then pick it up and
take it to AZ. The move to MI is going to cost around $630 door to
door enclosed and fuly insured. Get a Hemmings Motor News at a
bookstore or large newsstand and just call all the ones that advertise
and use their 800 #. If you can find one with a nearby local
terminal(at either end) they may be able to give you the best rate.
Try Passport and Horseless Carriage, they are in the local NY area. In
any case $845 sounds like a good rate, just check on how they will
ship it, insurance (how much and under what conditions), if they will
load and reload at terminals, how long, if it is door to door, etc. If
it is not enclosed transport will they tarp it, how do they prevent it
from getting stolen. In any case it is generally better to buy in your
local market. You can see the car before you buy and you don't have to
add the cost of shipping to the aquisition costs, you can afford to
pay $845 more for one nearby. Deloreans aren't that rare that you have
to import them from 1 coast to the other.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "captain_hydrogen"