Re: Delorean Hovercraft on MG (destruction)

Re: Delorean Hovercraft on MG (destruction)

Dan is exactly correct. The first plan, discussed minutes after
the build failed, was to have the hovercraft fly and the general
feeling was to use a big helicopter to lift the hovercraft into
the air and drop it from a few thousand feet up. The helicopter
that was to be used was fighting forest fires in northern CA and
Oregon and was weeks past overdue on its expected return.

As Dan knows, the Delorean Hovercraft was still intact two months
after the build and less than two weeks before the episode aired.
Apparently they did go for Plan B and called in the Marines with
less than two weeks left until the air date, to destroy the craft.

As Jon implied, yes, there may be days, weeks or even months that
go by before a build is given its final test or its destruction.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jon Heese <heese@xxxx> wrote:
> If I'm not mistaken, there was nothing in the show that indicated
that
> the crushing of the car immediately followed its failed
modification. I