Re: [DML] VIN 20105

Although I have never seen a Gold DeLorean in person, I do know that
there were two gold cars made for the American Express Catalog,
originaly the plan was for 100 of these to be made. The last vin was
a gold car using the spare parts from the American Express Cars, sold
to a guy in Maryland, the only automatic gold car. Dont quote me,
but i thought he sold it a while back, like a year ago with less than
700 miles on the odo, i saw that on the internet somewhere, i even
think its on the list archive, at a time when few were interested in
knowing about the gold cars. In 1984 or 1985 a Doctor had a regular
stainless steel car gold plated, so this would be the 4th car, but
not official DMC gold. I also believe there is a phony painted gold
DeLorean floating around somewhere too, a mockup of what the doctor
did in the mid 1980's. If you dig on the internet, you will find all
4 of these gold cars.

Also, of the two American express cars, One is gold interior (one in
Reno), one is black (Bank in Texas) and the Last vin using the spare
parts is gold interior. The Phony aftermarket gold plated car (#4)
is believed to be black interior, as far as I know.

I do not know the location of the last vin Gold car, but i do believe
it was sold in 2002 and moved out of state.

Tom Porter

Ps. If you are selling a black interior car in Maine, New Hampshire
or Vermont, please email me, I am currently looking... Thanks