      1. VIN 20105 (and the other gold cars)
           From: James Espey <james@xxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Seeing what's out there
           From: "cyboexpo2002" <paul.mari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: mode switch diaphram disassembly & reassembly instructions??
           From: "ksgrimsr" <knut.s.grimsrud@xxxxxxxxx>
      4. Fixing brake switch in a pinch
           From: Christian Williams <delorean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:16:46 -0500
   From: James Espey <james@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: VIN 20105 (and the other gold cars)

VIN 4300 - 1st AMEX gold car - in Reno, NV
VIN 4301 - 2nd AMEX gold car - in Snyder, TX
VIN 20105 - "last" car built, using the *only* spare set of panels - in MD

VIN XXXX (deleted) - Car with panels plated privately by owner - last
known
to be in NY

Does that clear it up? Or muddle it worse?

James

> I am STILL not clear about a fourth car.....all STORIES have said that
it
> was decided at the factory in Ireland to use the one spare set of gold
> panels on the last car and they claim this was done.......so the
question, I
> guess, is were there TWO spare sets of gold plated panels then?   I have
> never heard that one before.   Also had never heard that a fourth gold
> plated D was assembled in the States at some point later?   At one point
one
> of those was offered for sale and I called the gentleman....he told me
he
> had thought to use the car for a more or less traveling display and
charge
> for looking at it, but the insurance was astronomical and he decided
against
> it.   He didn't say anything about it being the 3rd car or the 4h car.
> assumed it was the 3rd car as nothing had ever been said about a 4th car
at
> that point.  I spent a day talking to my wife about it and got her
> permissionto buy it, called back and the car was sold!  I wont lose any
> sleep over this, but am still the curious type after 82 years!
> Murray
> Vin:05962
> Lic: DMC-XII

Message: 2