Re: Fourth Gold DeLorean

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, James Espey <james@xxxx> wrote:
> The fourth gold DeLorean does exist, and it was done privately many
years
> ago by a doctor in New York state. In the early eighties, it was
offered for
> sale in Hemmings Motor News, and I obtained a photo of the car and
a copy of
> the "Spectrochemical Analysis" that was performed by a company in
New York
> City.
<SNIP>
> James Espey
> DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
> http://www.delorean.com

If you watch the "Legends of the Road" episode with DMC Joe, the
commentator at the end makes a mention of a acqaintence of his in NY
owned a gold plated DeLorean back in the 1980's. It sounded strange
when I first heard the comment, as I knew that none of the factory
authorized cars had never been in NY. But now, after hearing this, it
all makes sense. Perhaps if you want to track the car down, this
would be a good starting point.

The list here has also mentioned a 5th gold plated car that was also
done independantly. Check the archives, and you'll find a story about
an abandoned one sitting outside of a retail store named, "Unclaimed
Freight".

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"