Fourth Gold DeLorean

The fourth gold DeLorean does exist, and it was done privately many years
ago by a doctor in New York state. In the early eighties, it was offered for
sale in Hemmings Motor News, and I obtained a photo of the car and a copy of
the "Spectrochemical Analysis" that was performed by a company in New York
City.

I scanned the photo in the early days of the DML and posted it on the
website, it has since been copied and posted in many other places, here is
one (it's the one with the "24K GOLD" license plate):

http://members.tripod.com/~DeLoreanDMC/index-26.htm

The car is a black interior, but I no longer recall the transmission type. A
carfax check a few years back showed that the car had not been registered
since the mid-eighties, and was last registered in the same town as that of
the owner who's name is on the aforementioned analysis.

Years ago I spoke with Rob Grady and he recalled hearing about it, as well,
but had not ever seen it.

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
http://www.delorean.com