Re: [DML] Monster Garage Thoughts & more

Re: [DML] Monster Garage Thoughts & more

OK... here I go again on a rant... lol. Here's my opinions on the show, and the rash of heavily altered cars that have come down the pipeline these last couple of years. I agree with Aaron... the show was insulting to our marque. I agree with Rich W. that all of these modified cars bring attention to the DeLorean, and they may possibly stir interest in a car that has been dead for more than two decades. But here's the catch 22- the fact that people are making DeLoreans into hover crafts, monster trucks, convertibles and the like makes the marque even more of a joke to naysayers.

I'm going to go back to the tired example of my Dad's 1969 Mustang "Boss 302." There was a limited run of these special cars from 1969-1970. During this time roughly the same amount of Boss 302's were made as there were DeLoreans were made. Have I ever seen anyone hack a Boss into a convertible? A monster truck? A hover craft? I think not. If we want the world to take our cars seriously, we've got to stop doing these absolutely retarded things to the cars. It's getting attention in all the wrong ways. It just continues the legacy that the DeLorean is a joke car.

So how about instead of hacking DeLoreans publicly and making a fool of the marque, let's get someone to probe interest in the several car restoration shows that appear on the Speed Channel and TNN. There are great shows like "Dream Car Garage" and a few others. Or try and field interest for Dennis Gage to do a section on someone's concourse DeLorean for "My Classic Car."

Louie Golden

--- "Aaron Crocco" <Slider_ten@xxxx> wrote:
Wow, I just finished watching Monster Garage. That was to say the least, a bit insulting.

-Aaron Crocco

Pre-order the updated second edition of "DeLorean: Stainless Steel Illusion" now! Details <a href="http://www.stainless-steel-illusion.com"; target="_blank">here!</a>