Re: [DML] Monster Garage

I am a devoted lurker on the list, but I felt I had to post something about the "Monster Garage" show.

Someone already mentioned that the DeLorean fanatics were portrayed as "nerds" on the show, which I thought was insulting. I don't own a DeLorean, but I know that if I did, I would definitely qualify as a "DeLorean nerd" according to "Monster Garage." This was the only time that I had ever watched MG, but I have a feeling that Jesse James is never portrayed as a "motorcycle nerd," which he definitely is if Don & Co. are "DeLorean nerds!" So that was unfair.

Also, is it just me, or is Jesse James a crybaby? Seriously - he acted as though he was being forced into this project! I am sure he gets paid a decent amount of money for doing the show, and I doubt that the guests on the show (Don, etc.) were paid (and if they were, I doubt the pay even compared to what JJ gets). I do agree that the initial idea was kind of silly - when they showed the 3-D animation of how they were going to put the DeLorean panels on the hovercraft, I told my boyfriend that it seemed kind of lame. However, if JJ wants the project done his way, he should have been there from the beginning! Throwing a temper tantrum and riding off on his motorcycle was not exactly the "macho" thing to do.

Anyway, enough of my complaining. I thought that everyone did a great job, considering that they had less time and less people working on the project than they were supposed to have. Although the hovercraft did not work, if they had been allowed more time, I have full confidence that it would have worked beautifully. Too bad Jesse James had to make up for his temper tantrum by destroying it (although that did look kind of cool, in my opinion). I am sure that many list members would have gladly taken some of those "worthless" body panels off his hands!

illyana