San Diego British Car Day - you missed a good one!

San Diego British Car Day - you missed a good one!

Even though mine was the only Delorean there yesterday, it was a fine
day. They produce a large program for the event, including a color
center spread featuring pictures from last year's event. My Delorean
made that collection! They placed me next to the Lotus group, so it
was great fun to compare/contrast with our automotive cousins. My
car tied for 1st place in the "Other" category, but lost the run-
off. This is California, can I have a recall? ;) I had lots of
people come by to look and ask questions. The highlight though was
one gentleman with a British accent who seemed very knowledgeable
about the car. He introduced himself as Alan Cross, and he used to
be chief engineer for Delorean. He spent quite some time telling me
stories, and I am hoping to get him to attend our local events.

One thing for your calendars: April 17, 2004 will be the 9th Annual
Rolling British Car Day. This will be the 9th annual event. For
2003, they had 131 cars, including 9 Deloreans! Many people at
yesterday's event remembered our participation quite vividly. I'll
provide more information as we get closer.

Dave