Re: [DML] Funny Delorean Story

This is why I don't trust anyone off the list or anyone not employed at DMC-Houston/PJ Gradys with my upcoming new baby. Self-proclaimed experts scare me to death. Nice showup though! You'll have to tell us more at PF if you plan on going next summer!

krasniy@xxxx wrote:As many of you know I recently joined the DMC Family with the purchase
of vin #6029 ... I was looking around for local part sources and entered
Autozone in PC Florida... I asked an employee(late teens or early 20s)
about Delorean DMC-12 parts and he was honest and didn't know so he
called the apparent expert on cars who happened to be an employee in his
50s-60s and said Yep I am the Autozone expert, what am I looking for? I
replied parts for my Delorean, sir. He is like Oh that's a great car and
asked if I knew that Delorean is really made by GMC and that was why
they couldn't locate the car under DMC or Delorean (implying that I was
stupid for not knowing this basic knowledge also). I was like "uhm
NO....it is made by DMC". He was insistent that it was GMC on the front
of the car and that I was mistaken. By this time there was a crowd
forming....the guy was trying to make me look like an idiot in front of
his fellow employees. I sent my friend to the vehicle I was driving
since I had some great photos of my car in there and pointed to the
closeup of DMC on the front grill. He was like isnt this the car GMC
made in Europe? If so perhaps the D is G like Germany is when it is
spelled in German. I was bad :) I laughed and so did my friend who was
buying a part for his Trans Am while we were there. "DMC stands for
Delorean Motor Company and has NOTHING to do with GMC" Not missing a
beat the guy was like YOU KNOW you are right... The V8 engine is MADE BY
GMC ans that is where he made his error :) I was like "Nope, The engine
is a Volvo V6"...people were laughing at him (including the younger
workers and customers alike as this guy spoke like a megaphone dunno
why) and since my friend had made his purchase in the other line, I
figured it was time to leave this Auto Expert to help some other
customers ROFL :)

moderators@xxxx