Re: [DML] Loss of coolant

Thanks for the advice. The hose blew off because the previous owner
had jerry-rigged a hose. I'll try to explain where the hose is: hose
coming out of the engine block curving around the belt on the drivers
side and attaching again to a pipe towards the bottom of the engine
compartment. He had spliced two hoses together with a plastic
fitting and some clamps. I have now ordered a replacement hose from
Delorean One. Not going to drive it until it arrives. Its probably
a good idea for me to check the rest of the hoses as well.

What is an otterstat? The fans seem to be coming on. I am thinking
about ordering Fanzilla. The info on their website make it sound
like the best thing ever. Does it really do anything?

It there any particular brand of coolant you would recommend? Thanks
again.

Jeff

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, billsfanmd@xxxx wrote:
> Jeff,
> sounds like you got to it in time. I always try and find out WHAT
caused the problem. The cooling system to me is one of the most
important things on this car. I would at the very least check every
coolant hose (I think there are about 20+ total) and make sure they
are all clamped and the rubber feels soft. If in doubt just replace
each rubber hose. It's an afternoon job but it will make sure your
cooling system is sound.

> Did the hose blow from heat or did it come off and then you lost
coolant? Make sure the otterstat is coming on and turning the fans
on. If you need info on that just ask. When you lean inside the
engine it is on the left side under the aluminum coolant pipe.