Re: [DML] Re: Engine Swap-Out (Rice Burners)

Re: [DML] Re: Engine Swap-Out (Rice Burners)

In a message dated 9/29/03 4:17:41 PM Central Daylight Time,
ihaveanaccount@xxxx writes:

> About the check engine lights, a cold air intake and free flow exhaust
> isn't going to turn on the check engine light on "almost every one of
> them". Plus, why would the engine and transmission leak if there were no
> modifcations to them? This makes no sense.

Check Engine lights and leaking engines and transmissions imply the owner's
complete disregard for actual vehicle maintenence, or actually more likely, the
owner bought the car for its looks or 'potential to rice out' rather than
buying a car that was well taken care of before them. not only that, but they
don't put any money into keeping the car in top shape (except for the tire
silicone and fresh wax) such as repairing these types of things. this is as i see
it every day at work. not to say ALL are like this, but a significant
majority.

> Body kits and spoilers can and do create downforce, regardless of where
> the engine is.

On the contrary, you will find that NO body kit or spoiler rice-out
manufacturer actually claims or offers proof of any actual downforce or aerodynamic
advantage. in fact, one popular brand even says out right that their product is
not meant to do these things.

Andy