Re: [DML] Re: Engine Swap-Out (Rice Burners)

Re: [DML] Re: Engine Swap-Out (Rice Burners)

In a message dated 9/27/03 8:15:51 AM Central Daylight Time,
brobertson@xxxx writes:

> Louie G and I ran into pack of rice burners at a fast food restaurant
> on the way to SEDOC. Wings, gee whiz decals, the works. Met them again
> on a Georgia interstate hill. Easily accelerated past. Never saw them
> again after that.

It may be of note to know that the vast majority of these cars have $10K sunk
into the body kits, wheels, tires, stereo, and tinting. at car shows i very
rarely see one that actually has any engine modifications besides your typical
cold-air intake, and a free-flow exhaust. it is also of note to see that this
year's Honda Civic puts out at best 127hp with the most powerful engine
option. with all those wings and body kits, surely the car weighs more now than it
did stock (slower too).

in fact, where i work i see cars like this all the time and usually they put
most of their money on purple and yellow wiring looms/conduit, billet oil
caps, and stainless braided radiator hoses. usually the engines and transmissions
leaks copious amounts of fluid, not to mention most of the lowered ones have
dented transmission pans or frames. oh yeah - almost every one of them has
the Check Engine light illuminated.

all show, no go - but then i suppose some would say that about the DeLorean
too?

I would like to put the 3.0L quad cam motor from my 94 Lexus ES300 in a
DeLorean. about 197hp with lots of pull - even on the interstate at 85mph.

Andy