Re: [DML] vacuum problem analysis please!

Re: [DML] vacuum problem analysis please!

List,

with a listmember's help i was able to find the source of my problems. one
of the wires on the back of the microswitch wasn't very tight and wasn't giving
a constant power source. now that i cut the wires and recrimped them, the
vacuum goes away when the engine gets hot like it should. now i no longer have
advance at idle. base timing was also about 4 deg off, which i have corrected.
now i am positive my advance system and microswitch works the way it should
and my timing is perfect.

however now that everything is set right, i have a couple more collateral
problems:

1). when you give it some gas and let it come back down to idle, it idles at
about 1000RPM.? that's too high.? it is smooth but won't go all the wayback
down.? if i let it run at 1000 for about a minute it actually drops back down
on its own sometimes.? what is causing this? i am 100% positive that the idle
microswitch works and switches as it should....

2).? i think the stop screw on the throttle hammer (the piece that trips the
microswitch) -? is not set right anymore.? i unscrewed it to see if it would
drop the idle a little (i messed with it last year too so i wondered if it was
set right anymore) but it didn't help any.? actually i know it shouldn't since
idle is electronically controlled but maybe it was WAY off... how do i set
that stop screw (the lower one - not the one that hits the switch) against the
brass stop piece so it is adjusted right? if it is down too far, the throttle
plates are cracked open, so where is the right point to screw it in? either
way, right now it still trips my microswitch. i just want the throttle plates
open however much they should be at idle.

all tests are being done with the engine at operating temp. i can hear my
idle speed motor buzzing too.

any tips are appreciated - please CC to my personal email so i can keep
working over the weekend.

Andy