RE: [DML] Re: Tires

I have talked to many tire experts and they all told me on my 91 motorhome,
81 DeLorean and 65 Corvair, that ANY tires over 7 years of age should be
replaced. I let the motorhome tires go to 7 years and on inspection they
looked good with no cracks in sidewalls or separation between tread......at
8 years the side wall layers were pealing although the tread looked and
measured almost new.....it has 12K miles on them. I replaced them. My
DeLorean has 8k miles on it and as it is over 20 years old, they will be
replaced soon. They still look and measure like new, but they are hard and
brittle! It is my second or third car and does not get much use and I
rarely go out on the highway at any speed with it so have been lucky so far.

Murray
Vin: 05962
Lic: DMC-XII