Re: clutch safety switch?

Andy - One of our PNDC members had his car in the shop for some minor
engine work a few years ago. When visiting the shop to see how things
were going, the shop owner decided to start the car to show the owner
what it was sounding like. The shop owner simply leaned into the door
opening, and turned the key to start it ... without ensuring that the
transmission was in neutral. The car started instantly, and drove
through the back wall of the shop because it happened to be in gear.
Damage was not too bad to the car, and nobody was hurt. The
garage wall had a large hole in it. However, a safety switch would
have prevented that incident. Not much help in terms of your
question, but it shows why a switch might be a reasonable safety
upgrade.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1