Tires

I finally removed the origional NCT's and put on Michelin Pilot XGT's.
The difference is amazing. I have driven other Deloreans and they
always rode smoother but I thought it was my old origional shocks. The
steering wheel doesn't shake or shimmy at any speed. Bumps are much
softer and the doors don't bang up and down on rough roads. The
handling seems about the same, GREAT. I guess the origional tires
hardened with age. I should have done this long ago. No one should be
driving on NCT's anymore, they are way past thier prime. They are only
good for Concours now. So, if anyone is looking for a set of NCT's I
am offering them first to the members of the DML before they wind up
on E-bay. They are cosmetically in excellant condition with NO tiny
dry rot cracks in the sidewalls. They have 7,400 origional miles on
them. None of them were ever even patched. All they are good for now
is concours judging, I wouldn't recommend driving on them anymore.
They are each evenly worn and would pass a State inspection since
there is plenty of tread left. Anyone interested contact me off-list.
BTW ALWAYS check the tire pressure and lug nuts after going to a tire
place. They NEVER fill to correct pressure and they put the lugs on
with that damm impact so hard you would NEVER get them loose without
using an air impact wrench. I also had to have them rebalance 2 of the
tires because they didn't see some of the wheel weights were glued
inside the rim and didn't remove them before trying to balance the
tires the first time.
David Teitelbaum