Re: [DML] 10115 wreck pics uploaded

Louie,

When a car insurance company totals a car. The give you the stated value and then sell the car for scrap. They usually only get a few hundred dollars for the car.

What this means is that you can cut a deal from your insurance company to take a few hundred dollars less and you get to keep the Delorean.

It is very, very unlikely, that they would know that the car can be parted out for thousands of dollars. Junk yard just don't have time for this detail.

You could easily make yourself a lot more money and save these valuable Delorean parts.

Even if you don't want dissemble the car yourself, keep the car away from the insurance vendors.

I am sure that any of the delorean repair shops or people like Ken and Rich would buy it and sell the parts off to those who need to fix their deloreans.

BOB