Problems Starting My D

Hey all,
I have a strange question for you. Yesterday I took my D out and left
it in a parking lot for about 30 minutes. I came back out and tried to start
the car and nothing happened. The engine didn't even try to turn over.
The only way my dad and I figured out to start was for me to push while he
popped the clutch and roared the engine to life. After we got home, everything
worked fine. We turned it off, and it started with a turn of the key as
always. I thought the problem was over----WRONG. I went out to the garage this
afternoon and tried to start the D again, nothing happpened. The radio
worked, the horn, the headlights, etc but the car wouldn't even try to turn over.
I put it in neutral pushed it out about 10 feet and figured I would give it
another try--it started fine. I left it and came back a while later and the
same problem--it didn't try to turn over. I pushed it about 5 feet forward,
put on the parking brake, got back in and the engine turned over fine. Whats
the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Patrick
1880