Wiring harness

All.

Many electrical problems are stopping me enjoying my car. The turn
indicators only work when they are the only electrical system in use,
LHS door lights only work with the key in ignition, gauges fluctuate
with power load (even before the car is started!).

Let us suppose that I had decided to cut my losses and cure my
electrical problems by replacing the entire front electrical harness,
aside from the cost of the item from DMCH (or other chosen supplier)
there does not seem to be any info in the manual for how this is
achieved. Specifically I would like to rule out the front/main
harness connection point as the cause of my headaches but it is not
obvious where the front/main harness join. If I look at the DMCH
parts exploded diagram it looks like there should be an obvious
connector block, does anyone have any ideas where?

As a further aid to diagnostics is there an easily accessible ground
point anywhere under the dash, this would avoid the cabling to the
connecions by the front wheel,allowing help me rule out these wires
as a contributing factor.

Finally any pictures of how to remove the instument panel/binnacle
would be very gratefully received.

John Chpaelhow
MMG 287W : 'Boeing' #0737