Re: Starting is such sweet sorrow

Harold is proabably right, you have more than just 1 problem. I would
get the fuel system cleaner out, the car won't run right with it and
it is hard to adjust the mixture screw with the cleaner in there
anyway. Get fresh fuel in and have the mixture screw adjusted, it is
VERY sensitive so you really only make very minor adjustments. Once
set it usually never needs to be adjusted again unless you touch it.
It should only be adjusted after you replace all the worn parts. Too
many times it is adjusted to try to correct a problem in the system
like dirty fuel injectors, dirty air filter, bad 02 sensor, vacuum
leaks, etc. The hard hot start could be the very common "bad
accumulater syndrome". Just switch the cold start and CPR plugs to
verify when starting hot. On an automatic you have an additional
vacuum line down to the front of the transmission. Check the hoses at
both ends. Vacuum leaks will make any problem you have worse so go
over the entire car for them.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757