RE: [DML] Re: Idle speed

David said:
>If you are having a lot of trouble getting the motor to idle
>down and you have to hit the pedal to do it one thing to check
>is the "quadrant link".

That's true, but the throttle plate shaft has its own spring. If the
throttle plate mechanism is aligned, clean, and lubricated, that spring
should close the throttle plates, (as long as the "quadrant link" isn't
stopping it). If you use the throttle spool spring via the quadrant link to
force the throttle plates closed, you can end up with excessive slack in the
throttle cable.

Gary
www.PNDC.org
www.IN2TIME.com