Re: Still hot start problem

The fuel injector system needs what is called "rest pressure" to
restart when warm-hot. The fuel accumulater is supposed to store that
pressure. To do that it needs to be good, that is to say it should not
leak out the small nipple on the back indicating a blown diapghram
inside. Assuming the accumulater is OK the other 2 things you need to
hold rest pressure is a good check valve on the fuel pump and a good
(non leaking) pressure regulater on the mixture unit. The general
sequence of failure is the accumulater, then the check valve on the
fuel pump and then (rarely) the pressure regulater on the mixture
unit. Pull the small rubber hose off the end of the accumulater and
run the pump. If fuel comes out the nipple of the accumulater replace
it. If fuel doesn't come out then replace the check valve on the fuel
pump. If you have the old style pump with the valve internal to it
then you will have to replace the fuel pump. You should also check to
make sure the control pressure regulater on the left valve cover is
getting power.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757