Re: One more thing - Monster garage

List,

Dave Swingle hit most of the main points about the show and how it is
produced, with very little control of content by the build team.
The producer looks for a theme he would like to "make fit" with the
video footage he ends up with or sometimes they have to make due.

There is not only a lot of video left on the cutting room floor, but
there is footage that is removed by Discovery Channel, after the post
production by the studio, in order to fit commercials into the show.
I suspect that is where our Monster Garage profiles got the axe.

The good news is that we did get some behind the scenes home video
of the making of this monster, so the show is only the beginning.

For example, one of our support team members, Marni Patrick, got some
video footage that the film crew did not get, including the view of
Eric's jump that was aired in the show (note her name in the credits)
and Marni also got some footage of Eric blasting over a huge pile of
aggregate just prior to the jump, but since the time/date stamp was
on that video footage, they probably decided not to use that clip.

The show was just the validation of the time and effort put in by
myself and both the build team and support team. Many people do
not realize that it took over 5 months of countless e-mails, calls
and FedEx packages of propaganda to make this show a reality. Even
after all of that, it took 3 weeks of preparation, a full week of
clean-up and 2 weeks of reviewing the production with the supporting
vendors, not including the actual build week (a week of no sleep).
This was a complete team effort and a complete success.

Another big thanks to Julee for letting Dave build that huge garage
and for putting up with us for a few weeks, before, during and after.

Let me know when you guys are ready to build the next project.

Later,
Rich W.