Re: [DML] Should something else be included in the Major service kit

Re: [DML] Should something else be included in the Major service kit

Copper washers either seal.... or they don't. I've re-used washers on my metering head countless times when I didn't have a supply of new ones and they're still fine. A quick check to see if there are any leaks usually yields one or two that need a tweak, but I've never had one spring a leak after it's evidently sealed. With new ones you also have to go through the process of crushing them all over again, and that can be hard enough that you break a bolt.

Did you ask DMCH to throw a couple of washers in for you?

The fuel filter should have a 90 degree elbow at the base and therefore needs two washers at the top only.

Martin

jordan rubin wrote:

Hello all:

I could be wrong here, if so correct me, the major
service kit from DMC Houston includes a fuel filter. Shouldnt it also include the copper washers to connect
the banjo lines? Everyone strongly recommends not to
reuse copper washers. Shouldnt the 40cents worth of
copper be included. I believe the fuel filter needs
four.

thanx

jordan