Re: [DML] Re: Stainless Steel Illusion (Second Edition)$$$

Re: [DML] Re: Stainless Steel Illusion (Second Edition)$$$

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: Further followups with suggestions on how DMCH should handle SSI distribution should be directed to DMCH.]

I'm not questioning their "right" to be the sole distributor... obviously it's completely theirs since they've funded this venture. Like I said I'm ecstatic that they decided so! :-) They've done a lot of really great things for our cars in the past few years, such as remaking inferior/extinct parts, finally making some performance parts for our cars, etc. But this one I just have to quibble over... lol.

Let's look at this again. I was in Barnes & Noble the other day and there were countless "coffee table books" about almost every marque you can think of. Porsche, Mercedes, Ferrari, etc. Do you think everyone who buys one of those books is a diehard fan of the respected marque, and reads every mailing list and message board out there on them? Does every person who owns one of these books own the car that the book is about? Not hardly. You're right, one book won't change the future of our cars... but it sure can help. Ken Koncelik's DeLorean Car Show won't save the marque alone either, neither can the DML. It's COLLECTIVELY that these things add up, and really make a difference.

Again... kudos to DMC-H for doing this. Thanks for clarifying some things James. Maybe if the book sells well enough, one day it can be made available through other retail sources. Just think... it would be a great advertisement for their business! :-)

Louie Golden
VIN 10115 Sanford, NC

See what you missed! Read the report on the 2003 DMC Open House Event at http://www.delorean.com/2003event.asp