Exclusive Distributor of SSI? Not really.

Exclusive Distributor of SSI? Not really.

I think you're misunderstanding the term here, Louie. DMC (Texas)
entered into an agreement with the original publisher that they would
have the book reprinted with the new addition and sell them to us to
distribute. Two of the three vendors have already ordered books to
resell, but beyond that, major retailers (Barnes & Noble, Amazon, B.
Dalton, etc) all want a HUGE (up to 70% or more) discount off of
retail to carry them, and then anything they don't sell after a
period of time, they will want us to buy back. We'll sell them to
anyone for any purpose (personal reading, donating to a
library/school, resell on Ebay - whatever) but only at a price that
we determine - not a price that Amazon or Barnes & Noble wants to pay.

And on the subject of school/library donations - I'm working on
something to make it worthwhile to consider buying an extra copy to
donate. My step-mother is a librarian in the 3rd largest city in
Arizona, and she tells me library budgets are pretty low on the
priority list - probably even more so for school libraries.

James