Re: [DML] Re: Stainless Steel Illusion (Second Edition)$$$

Re: [DML] Re: Stainless Steel Illusion (Second Edition)$$$

I personally think it's great that SSI is being reprinted. It will finally give everyone in the DeLorean community a chance to own this book. Most people either can find or afford one. I personally can't complain about a reprint hurting my investment in my copy... I paid $15 for it at a car show... lol.

What I *DO* have a problem with is DMC-Houston trying to be the sole distributor of the book. It should be available to everyone, everywhere. Let's face it... only people who know a lot about the DeLorean car will know to get the book through DMC-H. If it were available at all bookstores and libraries, it would obviously be available to a much larger audience. The DeLorean saga ended over 20 years ago... the general public could certainly use a refresher on the man and the car. If this book were widely distributed, it would be a great opportunity to help keep our cars alive, and renew public interest. Without new interest in the DeLorean, the car will eventually fade out of public knowledge, and die.

Louie Golden
VIN 10115

See what you missed! Read the report on the 2003 DMC Open House Event at http://www.delorean.com/2003event.asp