Clean the fuel tank?

While I was away at school, my Delorean sat with about
a half tank of gas. This was probably since around
November/December, a little bit over nine months (I originally had
arranged for someone to drive the car every two weeks but that fell
through after I'd already left for school and, unfortunately, I
never had a chance to drain the tank or put a fuel stabilizer like
Stabil in it).

Today I removed the baffle in the luggage compartment and took the
fuel sending unit out and the gas itself looks alright, it hadn't
turned into tar or anything (although I guess that doesn't really
mean much as there could be sludge at the bottom of the tank). I
think I read somewhere on these boards that gas can sit around for
at least six months without getting contaminated and screwing the
fuel line. I was wondering if this was a conservative estimate; do
you guys think that my car has been sitting long enough to justify
doing the fuel tank drain/clean at all, or is it unnecessary?

And if I do decide to go through with the draining/cleaning process,
(and I'm using the DMCNews thread at
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/message/32116 for my
reference) how exactly do I "go after it" with my Berryman's B12? I
understand the whole process fine up until the point where I have to
clean the tank through the 3" fuel sending unit hole. I can't really
fit my hand through it. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.