Angle Torque & head bolts

When reattaching the head, the manual recommends that once they're torqued
to the proper setting, you should angle torque 113 degrees. I've been
researching angle torque and have a pretty good understanding of it now but
what I'm wondering is if anyone has actually applied this method?

Also, since the bolt is stretched during angle torque (and since the method
usually applies to throw away bolts), does this facilitate replacing the
head bolts?

Has anyone heard of a reused head bolt shearing off in the head and causing
damage?