So much work and nothing to show for it.

So much work and nothing to show for it.

Hello all:

A saturday working on a delorean in Germany,

Today started off great. Had a reserved lift and bay
at the autoshop at panzerkaserne. I was all ready to
remove the air/fuel unit when elvis pointed out that I
didnt have those copper washers that go on the fuel
distributor, i only have 12 new ones for the fuel
injectors which is not enough for the distributor.

Drove to ATU, they didnt have them either. drove out
to leonberg to the Bosch shop. got there at 12:20.
They closed at noon. Only in Germany!

Went back to the kaserne and bought a case of 10w40
from the american parts shop (open till 6).

Lost my spot for the lift and eventually gave up
waiting at 3pm. . drove home.....

so from 0900 to 1530 all i did was burn gas.
BTW i still dont have AC in the car so the noon
driving times werent fun.

I will be changing the oil and the sending unit
tommorrow morning. ill have to wait for next week for
the air/fuel unit removal.

Once again, if anyone knows the torque values for ALL
connections on the fuel distributor, it would be very
helpfull.

thanx

jordan 11613