Re: [DML] A/C System Questions.

I had my low side hose replaced for about 100.00, The proper hose usually sells by the inch. It was done by a local A/C shop and they had one of the fittings in stock. The other one (the one that goes to the compressor) was cut off of my old hose, they pressed a standard fitting onto the end of the hose and then welded my old one to that one. Everything has worked fine since.
Jonas
3543

therealdmcvegas <DMCVegas@xxxx> wrote:
Right now, I'm gearing up to repair my A/C system, and have a few
questions that hopfully others here who are more familiar with this
area may have answers to.

1. What are the lengths/specs of the High pressure, the Low pressure,
and the Adaptor hoses? $170+ for each hose is kinda expensive, and
I'm not exactly thrilled by the prospect of replacing my existing
hoses, with more 22+ year old hoses for that price. So a nice price
comparison to having new barrier hose punched for my car is a
tempting alternative. Even if I had 50' of hose @ $5 a foot, it's
still more economical.