I got pulled over this morning...

First of all I very rarely speed and I in no way endorse it but my DeLorean isn't my daily driver so I guess I got a little caught-up in the extremely high fun-coefficient of the car. It was very early just before rush hour so the traffic was light. Nice and cool out so no AC, just open windows. Not really sure how fast I was going. Somewhere between 85 and the top speed of the car. I saw him in the rear view way back there so I slowed down without pressing the brakes. Instantly he was on my bumper then the lights went on so I pulled over.

He walked up to the car and barked "YOU KNOW I DON"T HAVE TO ASK YOU WHY I PULLED YOU OVER DO YOU"!!??. I don't even know how I answered that. Something like "Yes officer I'm so stupid. I normally don't drive like that. I have no excuse. I'm not even in a hurry. Stupid stupid stupid". "DO YOU EVER LOOK IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR"!!!?? I think he had trouble catching up to me. "GIVE ME YOUR LICENSE, REGISTRATION AND PROOF OF INSURANCE!" he barked again. I handed all three to him through the window. He was pissed. "YOU KNOW I CLOCKED YOU WELL OVER 85 THAT MEANS I CAN TAKE YOUR CAR AWAY RIGHT NOW AND YOU CAN LOOSE YOUR LICENSE". Again I don't know how I responded to that. All I can think of was - yikes not my car. Then he said "DO I HAVE TO TALK TO YOU THROUGH THIS LITTLE HOLE"? I said "No sir I can open this". I meant the door but I think he thought I meant the rest of the glass window. So he said "WELL THEN OPEN IT". I pulled the door handle and up popped the door. The door lifters were all replaced by Rob Grady so they open smoothly and completely with that phissst sound. He stepped back and said "WOW". His attitude completely changed! He then said - like an old friend "Nice car. When did you pick this up?" I said "Last February". "Must've been expensive". "No" I said, "It's a 1982 so I got it for about the price of a new Neon". He actually laughed! He then asked the usual questions like where you going, where do you work. Bla bla bla. He said I seemed like a good guy slow down and handed my paperwork back to me!

I truly think the car saved my butt! I'll never speed again. ;-)

Tony Pistachio
#10781 STSSTEEL
Wappingers Falls, NY