Re: [DML] The drive-thru predicament

I guess we have all wondered that at some point or another before purchasing the car...

Look carefully at a picture of the DeLorean from above. You will notice that the door hinges at quite near the center of the roof. This was done in an effort to allow the doors to open more up, than out.

I routinely pull into the drive-through ATM, (which, as is typical, has very little space, side to side) and open my door at the screen. I'm sure the security camera gets a good scare for a few moments, but I have yet to pull so close that the door won't open all the way. It is possible, but it's easier to avoid than you might expect.

I also have a fairly small two car garage. Fortunately I have two DeLoreans...because otherwise I wouldn't be able to park two cars in there, without rolling down the window(s) and pulling a "Dukes of Hazzard" stunt.

The doors are one of the reasons I truly believe in the design of the DeLorean. I used to just think the car just looked cool...but since I purchased mine, almost 5 years ago, I've come to vastly appreciate it's superior functionality and ergonomics.

-Josh
VIN 5102
VIN 15964

[duplicate quote snipped by moderator]