What has prompted the rage?

[MODERATOR NOTE: For the sake of balance I'm allowing two off-topic rebuttals to the editorial by "sid vicious." After that, no further messages on this subject will be approved. - moderator Mike Substelny]

To: List member "sid vicious"

Your comments indicate a blanket hostile attitude toward elderly members of this list. I don't mind referring to myself as an "old fart" or an "old geezer" but when someone who doesn't even know me personally does it and directs it to me, it raises the obvious question of what is causing this rage? Would you please explain what has prompted you to write so disparagingly about older members of this list? Maybe the name you have adopted to use to hide your true identity and the one you have chosen to use as part of your e-mail address reveals more about you than you realize.

Joe Thome