transmission problems

hello all,

It seems I have a problem with second gear. all the others are fine but
sometimes when I shift into 2nd it pops right back out into nuetral. I
have to pull back on the shifter and hold it in place until I have the
clutch pedal released before I let go of the shifter. Also sometimes
when I shift from 1st to 2nd when I let the pedal up I am not in gear
and I have to put it back to nuetral and pull it back hard to get into
gear (after pushing the clutch pedal of course). I seem to have a
problem getting into reverse as well but only occasionally - same pull
back issue, I have to pull back hard to get it into gear. Would this
just be an adjustment in the linkage between the tranny and the
shifter? Is this something I can do myself, being only a weekend
mechanic?

regards,

Michael
vin# 6067