Re:[DML}Young Owners (was DeLoreans as first cars)

Re:[DML}Young Owners (was DeLoreans as first cars)

i havent been on here in along time but i read this thread and had to
respond

i got my delorean when i was barely 17
the car had no interior no tranny and was trashed
i installed the interior my self and did some work with help from
friends and i took it to a delorean shop and i had to pay for it my
self and to make things worse i had to sell my car because my family
could not afford to keep the car i loved that car more than anything
in the world and i had to give it up because i come from a very low
income family (unlike most people who just have money to trow around)

if anything young people are keeping the dream alive
when all those old farts that own deloreans die(and theres alot)
there grandkids will most likely sell them and us "younger kids" will
buy them up and start a new cycle
and why is it that sooo many old people own these cars is it
the "poor old mans ferrari"? they keep these cars in there garages
all covered up as if there ever going to go up in value! they treat
them like antiques ,they have tea partys,they have all these old
folks conventions! when i was selling my car i had this 70+ year old
man that came to look at my car and i felt a horrible feeling in my
gut i knew this old geezer was just wanna lock this car away so
thanked god he didnt buy it